Wednesday, July 22, 2015

WEEKEND AWAY

I thought today I would do a quick post on how important a weekend away can do wonders for clarity, focus, anxiety and become something you know you have to make more of a priority.
 
G and me are notorious for spending our weekend at home focussing on making sure we are working hard for our future, we rarely take vacations, however the last two years we have tried to make it a priority to do weekend away no matter how big or small, if its a year we are not taking an actual vacation.
 
A few weeks ago with our ride or die vay-cay couple we headed off to the city to see a country concert and do a road trip. Our friends are the best, they always make me laugh and after a really hard week at work that's exactly what my mind needed. I needed to be preoccupied and get away with people who make me laugh and get me out of the worries that usually consume my every day life.
 
On the way back from the city we took the long way home and travelled through the mountains stopping to see waterfalls and look out points, it really made my trip and in so long I was able to focus and feel somewhat relaxed.
 
I realized how important it is to get away from home and work and evacuate the immediate area that your day to day life takes place in. Don't get me wrong its never okay to run from any issues as I believe they will flow you no matter where you go, however its important to get away and see that life isn't about work and stress and what's not going right, and always looking forward to that ever far away dream that life will be perfect. Getting away puts that all to the fore front of your mind instead of a distant thought in between constant work problems. Waterfalls and beautiful scenery stays with me while I get back to normal life and I am able to remember those moments away where my anxiety was eased, which help me so much I have realized.
 
Whether your weekend away is camping near by in a tent on a budget or a quick trip to the city and back through the mountains, remember what will work for me might be better altered to fit someone else slightly. Do what's best for a weekend away, whatever can make you relax is what's important to focus on sometimes rather than the rat race.
 
Ill share a few snaps from my weekend soon.



Thanks for stopping by loves 


No comments:

Post a Comment