Wednesday, July 08, 2015

GIFT GUIDE TIPS

I am a total girl when it comes to shopping, I love shopping and I love buying gifts for people even more!

I do 80% of my shopping online as I live in a rural town in northern Alberta and don’t always get to go shopping, so it’s easy to with a couple clicks of my fingers have what I need on its way to me, and if I price watch its easy on the wallet too!

I think many of us wait till the last minute when it comes to shopping for a loved one’s birthday, anniversary, special event etc. I like to mark on my calendar those events and mark it on my monthly budget list so I know I need to add them into my budget for the month and so I won’t have any unexpected costs jump out at me, then there is no stress of suddenly knowing I have a bunch of gifts to suddenly buy and them my wallet seems empty.

I believe gifts can cost nothing or up to anything that is within your own personal budget. I always want my gifts to be thoughtful, useful and things the person wouldn’t normally get themselves.

You can figure what kind of gifts to give my making a list of the persons interests, hobbies, likes and try and remember anything they have mentioned in passing, or check their Pinterest Board to see what they have been pinning lately. Sneaky Sneaky!!!

I have been given the name “Gandalf the Wizard of Gifts”, by my family because I have it down to a science I love it so much!

For kids: I put together a CRAFT BOX: for my niece; it contained scrap  paper, lace, glue sticks, safety scissors, glitter, tapes, clay, craft paper, material, pipe cleaners, string, beads, foam, felt, stickers, paint, jewels, markers, crayons, close pins, popsicle sticks, etc. I went to the dollar store and picked out all of the craft supplies, recovered a shoe box at home and customized her name with glitter on top and put everything in, this way on rainy days her and her mom had a go to box to craft with.

My older sister loves designer items, so I will stalk Hautelook or sales and get a killer designer item 70% off and she gets very excited to have the designer item and I get a kick out of knowing I didn’t pay designer prices! I have got her wallet, purse, sunglasses and more.

My younger sister loves my massive makeup collection, and I often let he go through it and try things, I will listen for the things she comments on and will write it down and buy it when I make my next orders over the year, then I will give her a beauty box of goodies I know she wouldn’t buy for herself! She loves it!

My mom has a low tolerance to perfume so I googled and researched reviews on a light Vanilla perfume,  sud pacifique vanille extreme is now her must have and was her favourite gift from me over the years, she loves that she can actually wear a perfume that doesn’t bother her.

I can go on and on….If you have any questions on how to pick a great gift please feel free to email me as I would love to help you!

Thanks for stopping by loves
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment