Monday, September 14, 2015

JUST KIND WORDS


This past year/summer I have done 5 weddings including friends and family, I have done the makeup for them as a favor as they have asked me to do so. With each wedding my confidence and skills improve, once I am on location the nerves settle and I begin to enjoy the process. It’s an amazing feeling being part of these beautiful and sweet bride’s day, making them look their best is not hard as I have stunning friends and family. Yes I may be bias, but it’s the truth. I leave with a sense of pride and feel so honored to have been the one they trusted with this task, the feedback and complements really uplift my spirit for the day.
I have the sweetest clients/friends and they give such kind words: “You need to do this professionally”, you need to charge, you have to do mine, I love it, and you could be a professional!” Are these just in fact kind words?
I get an overwhelming sense of confusion after I am done with a client, should I be listening to these kind words? Maybe they are onto something.
Then I start to think, well I live in a small town there is no need for this type of business, I like having a steady job and having a certain amount guaranteed for bills, and taking it on as a hobby would be a good compromise but then I think, I never went to school I have no training, its best to leave makeup to the professionals.
So far my decision is to only say yes to very close friends and family otherwise I have made the choice so far to not pursue this as I don’t think it would lead me where I want to be in life, even though I get these kind words.
 
Thanks my loves

 photo e8eaaefc-5fb1-4afa-8eaf-c2da3ce4cee2_zpsjq3cyvvl.png

No comments:

Post a Comment