Friday, August 14, 2015

REAL TALK UPDATE

 
Hello loves, I thought I would update you on how my therapy has been going, at my latest appointment me an my therapist decided to take a different approach and focus our attention from my anxiety to my negative cycle of  thinking.
 
Below is a short paragraph on what I am now learning about. I feel like when I think of describing myself, this is me, so I m happy to be moving in this direction.

Consequences of Negative Thinking

Negative thinking is an obstacle to self-change. Any change feels like a big deal. You can’t see the small steps, and you don’t have the energy to take big steps, therefore you feel stuck.
All-or-nothing thinking is the most common type of negative thinking, and is the main cause of many problems including anxiety, depression, and addiction.
All-or-nothing thinking leads to anxiety because you think that any mistake is a failure, which may expose you to criticism or judgment. Therefore you don’t give yourself permission to relax and let your guard down.
All-or-nothing thinking can lead to depression because when you think you have to be perfect, you feel trapped by your own unrealistic standards. Feeling trapped is one of the known causes of depression.
All-or-nothing thinking can lead to addiction because anxiety or depression feels so uncomfortable that you may turn to drugs or alcohol to escape.
 
Lately I have been feeling a little overwhelmed with therapy, I am getting concerned that when I actually sit and talk to my therapist I have a great awareness of what I need to do but then I have a really hard time remembering the strategies and techniques I am supposed to be practicing in order to make the changes I need to live a more emotionally stable and healthy lifestyle. If I cant remember what I am supposed to be doing how am I going to change, how is therapy going to actually work.
 
I need to dig deep down and remember these are just thoughts I am having, my brain is trying to warn me of thoughts and actions that could happen, so I will remember to thank my brain for sending me these thoughts, however they ARE JUST THOUGHTS, I don't need to think they are in fact real life truth and proceed as such. The situation or me trying to self change doesn't have to be all or nothing, black or white, a little change is still change and that is okay, its not a failure.
 
This is still so much easier to type then to put into every day action, however I will try.
 
Ill keep you posted....
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by my loves

 photo e8eaaefc-5fb1-4afa-8eaf-c2da3ce4cee2_zpsjq3cyvvl.png


























No comments:

Post a Comment