Wednesday, May 13, 2015

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND



CLINK CLINK… raise your glasses, cheers to the future and may it bring possibilities and hope to all those that need it, including myself.

I need to come clean and talk about something that I have been dealing with for a long time now, and since it’s been a constant topic in my life I feel it necessary to address it and move on, maybe it will help others out there, or someone who has gone through a similar situation which I’m sure MANY MANY people have, we can all share stories to encourage and propel us forward. I’d love to hear them!

I have been stuck in a job rut for many years, I won’t go into depth about the specifics as why I am choosing to leave because I want to stay professional and respectful. I will say that I have been staying at my current job for the last three years out of fear. Fear of what’s beyond this job and what could happen if I chose to leave it. The secureness of knowing how to do my job and not knowing what I’d do without it, but at the same time knowing I was holding myself back and that it was playing a huge role in my un-happiness. I haven’t been loving what I do as a job for many years and feared that leaving it to find something else would be a mistake so I lived in limbo of what decision to make, and how to make a decision, (something I struggle with). Living in limbo is no life to live. I thought what would happen if I made the wrong choice?! There’s lessons to learn, so if it’s a mistake to leave my job I will learn it and at least know, but not taking chances and making changes won’t improve my happiness any, so I know I need to move forward.

I made a decision in March of this year to give notice at my current job of almost 7 years. I have no potential job in the future for when I am done at my current position, something that does worry me but also sets me free. I am free. I am liberated. I am hopeful. I am confident. My job isn’t my life, and it will all work out.

Life is way too short to go to work and spend 8 hours doing something that affects your overall happiness. If any of my words are striking a cord with you, I hope to help you in your decision. Find your passion, listen to life as it whispers quietly, and trust in yourself and the future that everything will work out. It will. I trust. Do you?

I am scared, what will I do. How will I pay my bills? What if there isn’t a job I will like? I am loyal, how will I feel leaving a company I have worked for so long? I have never been in this situation before.  How will I find a job, especially in the small populated town I live in, however as I mentioned before, I know I have to do this. I need to do this. I am doing this…….

To the future and what it holds, may I let change guide me and show me the path I need to travel. May my passion of starting this blog and writing inspire me to move forward and make the choices I know In my heart I need to make. Let me see where life may lead me...

I hope this helps someone going through a similar situation, as it’s all very confusing and un-charted territory for me, and I’m sure others. Good luck loves. TO INFINITY AND BEYOND – BUZZ LIGHT YEAR.

 
Thanks for stopping by loves


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment