Friday, May 22, 2015

STAR GAZING



 

Since I can remember I have felt this connection to the night sky……..

This sounds very odd and weird as I type it and put the words to paper instead of thinking them just in my head. Forgive me if I sound like a looney tune. Or maybe some of you will read it and know exactly what I mean, let’s hope it’s the latter.

I can remember climbing onto the roof of my childhood home and laying on the roof finding content in staring at the stars gazing out into the universe feeling the warm summer nights wind brush through my hair. Rooftops continued to bring me a certain comfort when I moved out of the home I grew up in and into an apartment. I would climb out the window and sit for hours. The rooftop visits have halted in my current home as it’s a bit too steep to be safe. I have moved my star gazing to the front step.

After a stressful day or a night out, coming home to sit on the step and stare up at those beautiful stars shining through the dark night.

It’s difficult to explain but in all of life’s chaos everything seems to go quiet and still when you stare at the stars. It’s just you and the world and time freezes, the night can go on forever and the morning a distant worry. The stars shine down and make you wonder about your life in a way that doesn’t cause worry or anxiety but hopefulness. The starts are filled with possibilities and opportunities to come. I am at peace after a stressful day and can re-focus and re prioritise and dream of my life’s ambitions. The stars hold a wonderment about them and shine so bright through such a far distance making me feel someone else is staring at them doing the same thing at that exact moment in time, feeling the same way I am. A feeling of belonging washes over me and I begin to appreciate what I do have and feel grateful for being alive.

I go to bed with chilled limbs and bring a warm blanket up over myself and close my eyes, feeling connected to the world.

I have never told anyone of my star gazing habits and roof top shenanigans….. I wondered why I felt so peaceful and the stars calmed any feelings of anxiety I had. I had hopes of the loved ones above sending me the beautiful stars to look at and calm my nerves. Whatever the stars hold on me have maybe it’s better left a mystery to just enjoy. Do any of you feel the same staring up at the night sky?

To all my fellow star gazers –

 
Thanks for stopping by loves



No comments:

Post a Comment