Wednesday, September 20, 2017

WELL WHAT NOW

With my last day of work being the May long weekend we were just starting to feel some warmth from spring and soon summer days would be shining.

I got many questions after leaving my job and not pursuing immediate employment. Such as; are you taking the summer off? What are you doing now? What are you going to do now? My answer was simple and always the same for the first two months of my time off, which was, I'm taking a break and I don't know what ill do or when ill do it, I'm enjoying some time to myself. This statement was true I really enjoyed my first month off, being a cat mom and sleeping in, taking naps, having coffee breaks outside and visiting with friends and family whenever I pleased. I didn't get a lot accomplished in a day which I didn't mind my first month off.

My second month off in July I felt guilty like I should be getting a lot more done, like this huge to do list in my head, clean out every drawer in the house, scrub the walls, dust the baseboards, organize every cupboard, paint walls...etc. All things that needed to be done, but I just procrastinated on them all, I would do my daily cleaning and errands, then that's about it if I'm being honest. I thought being off work I would have tons and tons of willpower and ambition, which turned out not to be the case at all. So id like to say I got so many things done but that's not the truth. I truly just rested my mind from anxiety and stress.

Towards the end of the second month going into the third month off I felt a lot more guilt about being home and not being productive, I wasn't getting closer to any goals, I wasn't eating any better, an I also took a break from blogging during my time off. I'm not sure why that is, I just didn't do anything. I have a friend that helped me feel less guilty about being a couch potato, said, "your body and mind needs to do nothing, and that's okay'.

The third month started and I knew I would love to stay off work and enjoy the fall season, drink lattes outside crunching leaves beneath my shoes on a crisp morning walk. I could envision baking and decorating for Christmas and watching movies and feeling as cozy as possible. I would still love that to be the case but I was lucky enough to have three months off as a break and I felt to guilty for taking longer. I made the choice that if a good opportunity came in along the way from September to December I would take it. I'm not sure if you should let guilt make your decisions, however I didn't for see me getting a lot done with taking more time off which didn't seem fair to my partner, he was helping with my share of the bills while I took a break. He was and is very supportive, I definitely put and created the guilt on myself. 

So that was my three month break in a nut shell. I quit my job and had no idea what I was going to do or when I was going to do it, I ended up having three months to distress. Then an opportunity became available.........


No comments:

Post a Comment