Monday, August 22, 2016

SELFISH WAYS



I have never been the person to do anything for myself, it reminds me of the Friends’ episode “The one where Phoebe hates PBS”. Phoebe is challenged by Joey that there is no such thing as a selfless good deed, I myself never believed in doing the opposite, (doing selfish deeds for myself).
I can now say I have taken a few steps in that direction and it feels amazing! I thought that if I focused on myself and not others that would make me a bad person, self-involved and well I thought it was too selfish to do so. I went against my normal thinking and booked a few appointments that I had been wanting to do for years and years and well years!
One of the first appointments was my first of many I am sure laser tattoo removal! Yes it hurt but it was and is sooo worth it! The joy and excitement I felt in my inner core of my being for doing something %100 just for me was beyond rewarding. It’s sad in a way to think I have deprived myself of doing things solely for me for so long.
I now think twice before casting any judgement on others when I hear or see them doing things like getting their hair done, nails, spray tan, surgery etc. If it is just for you and something you have thought long and hard about or something small you do monthly to treat yourself, these things are NECCSASARY! Treating myself and spoiling myself makes me feel well its silly to say but I’ll say it with honesty, it makes me feel worthy.
Strange how that works isn’t it? I didn’t think I was worth anything so why bother doing things just for myself and doing such things would be so selfish, turns out it’s the opposite, I feel worthwhile and special making myself number one.
This just might be on ongoing journey….stay tuned……….










No comments:

Post a Comment