Monday, January 16, 2017

SPARKS – FLAMES – FIRE

My last appointment with my therapist was an exciting one. For the first time in my therapy journey, both my therapist and I have seen what you can call a spark. This spark has been a long journey to get to and a very important one as well. I want to embrace the spark and encourage it to grow into flames and eventually a fire, a fire that I would equate to the success of my therapy journey.



I have had a hard time seeing small changes along my journey, however my therapist sees me every two weeks and has a better view. He has stated he does see small changes and one of my favorite quotes is: “little by little you’ll get far”.  Knowing someone could see small changes made me feel better about accomplishing change however it wasn’t until I could see the spark of change that I could actually share in my therapist’s excitement. I have to remind myself now that I need to keep trying hard towards making more and more micro changes that can fuel the spark into small flames growing larger and larger into hopefully a fire, a fire that I can say is the 100 percent accomplishment of change for the better for my mental health and well-being. ………so let the sparks fly………


No comments:

Post a Comment