Friday, September 30, 2016

TAKING IT ALL ON

My close family and friends would agree that I often take on tasks and organize events to the fullest extent. Meaning I well….go completely overboard and past my budget. I absolutely love planning and organizing small events, especially when it comes to the décor aspect. I love scrolling Pinterest and finding creative décor ideas and planning tips and tricks, I’m seriously such a Pinterest addict! My favorite part is thinking of an overall theme or look for the event and then planning around that as my goal.


I am definitely no party planner or décor expert, but I do like to try and make each event unique and special for the person I’m hosting it for. I have done three baby showers, three wedding showers and Stagette and a few other odds and ends.


I really try and think what the personality is like of the special guest of honor. My goal is to make them feel as special as possible and have a wonderful time.


Anyone else like planning?


Due to my history in planning events I have let people walk on me, for lack of a better phrase. If other people involved in planning an event are slacking or making no effort I feel it’s my duty to step up and devote all my time and cash into making the event special, It kills me to think someone would be disappointed by their party, if I can help, even if it’s not my job or role to do so I have always stepped up. This has become a bit of a sore subject for me and G as it does add a lot of stress to my life. It’s nothing I can’t handle, however G feels I am always taking on that responsibility when it’s not mine to take and putting myself in a position to deplete my bank account and time. I have been thinking lately that he is right, I don’t need to try and make everything so perfect, as long as I try hard, there is no need to go overboard and there is also no need to take on other people’s responsibilities as my own, I need to let that go and let it be. Whatever may happen, will happen, it’s not all up to me.


Releasing control is hard, but feeling drained and worn out and UN appreciated for doing too much is harder.


You don’t need to be perfect, I don’t need to be perfect, so maybe I should stop trying to be…..













No comments:

Post a Comment