Monday, June 27, 2016

WHEN LIFE CLICKS


Life can be so incredibly random at times its hard to comprehend, but yes its the most amazing feeling when one small sliver in life palls into place and feels like perhaps your on the right path after all.

High School for me was a long 8 years ago and while I've stayed in touch with a few of my high school classmates, most of them I have fallen out of touch. Its what happens after you graduate and move into different directions in life. I've thought of my past friends and where their lives might be now and if they ever wonder what I'm doing or if i will see their faces again.

Would i want to, would they know its me? Well....that's just what happened this week. Into my office walks a curly red haired beauty with the sweetest most amazing smile you'll ever encounter. 8 years since i had seen her but hug we did. It felt amazing and so needed, but for a reason i had yet to find out.

We did not get to visit as working comes first when your on the job, but a sweet Facebook message i did receive the following day, she had beat me to it as i was going to do the same. This message was as sweet as she always had been. With a few short paragraphs i encountered more similarities that i ever thought possible. Was this chance encounter meant to be? It felt like exactly that. Fast forward to a morning of messaging and phone numbers exchanged and future visits planned we both felt that was meant to happen and thankful we had gotten the chance to reconnect.

I am so excited to have reconnected with an old friend and so quickly established a bond over mutual hardships we both have been experiencing; i.e. depression, anxiety, weight. I would like to keep her specifics of course private but the fact that i have found an old friend who has gone through such similar issues is as she stated: "a much needed breath of fresh air".

Sometimes when you least expect it life can just...click....



 photo e8eaaefc-5fb1-4afa-8eaf-c2da3ce4cee2_zpsjq3cyvvl.png

No comments:

Post a Comment