Friday, December 07, 2018

LOOKING INTO HUMANISM

A Term that is present in therapy in the last year is Humanism.

Humanism Definition: an outlook of thought attaching prime importance to human rather than divine or supernatural matters. Humanist beliefs stress the potential value and goodness of human beings, emphasize common human needs, and seek solely rational ways of solving human problems.

In a nut shell to me, its living life by remembering that we are all human beings. Its as simple and profound as that. Todays world is a place pf separating what differences we all have, which is true we are all uniquely us. Our genetic code is not like others we are individuals. What I mean when saying to remember we are all human beings is that we all have hearts, limbs, brains, skin, eyes, etc. The exceptions of having all the same organs and way a body work makes us unique but in the end its the same. Instead of looking at what's different about everyone around you, try to see what's the same.  We all have good days, bad days, good moods bad moods, problems, accomplishments, success failures. 

Because...what is life but a series of problems we are in constant need of solving and overcoming, that's life. I choose to see the similarities in everyone instead of the differences. This for me helps evoke compassion and kindness in myself, and that's how I want to live my life.  

I respect all views and ways of trying to understand the world and others as long as its from a place of love and compassion. 

So if I never find my way, my success in life whatever that might be as I'm still trying to figure it all out, I can leave this world knowing I tried my best to live by compassion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment