Friday, March 17, 2017

POST OP WEEK 6



Approaching week 6 and feeling normal again. I haven’t worn any tape on my incisions in almost 2 weeks, I was very nervous to not have the tape on at week 3 but then into week 4/5 I could see a lot of progress and healing which made me a lot more confident in no longer taping. The last week I have had much better luck with the hypersensitivity of my skin. The days go by easier and at night I’m feeling almost pain free, which has been so nice for sleeping.

I have started to sleep on my side half the night and with the help of pillows sometimes I sleep on my stomach, it feels so nice to fall asleep the way I am use too!!!! The little things in life!

I don’t take any Advil or Tylenol and try to do massage at night before I go to bed, I should be a lot better at massage but it hurts and makes me so much sorer, so I have been slacking.

I just sent in my 6 week photo updates to my surgeon and heard back that indeed the incisions have become red in color and in the first stage of healing which could take 6weeks to 6 months. I just want them to heal as faint as possible, to do so I have been using a scar gel cream from the surgeon’s office.

My next update won’t be until 3 months post op, then at 4 months I can hopefully travel back to Calgary to have a post op consult in person with the surgeon.

I’m so happy to be feeling better and more normal!



No comments:

Post a Comment