Friday, June 09, 2017

MEET MELLOW

Hello Loves, this post is so exciting to write and post about, eeeeek. I'm excited!! So lets go back to the start so yawl are in the loop.

Me and G have been together 11 years this past April and from the very beginning of the relationship he expressed his lack of enthusiasm towards cats. Dogs he liked, cats not so much.

I grew up with inside cats, outside cats and dogs of every breed. I love animals and loved growing up with them in and around the house, while G had a few dogs growing up he wasn't an animal lover. Over the years of our relationship I have wanted to get a cat very badly. G was never for it and because we are in this relationship together I always respected his choice but never stopped bugging him.

We had discussed dogs both small and large breed however we both had full time jobs and didn't want to adopt a pup or dog of any age knowing we couldn't give them the time and attention they deserve. We both don't want to be a neglectful pet owner. So on went life every year until late 2016. Our best friends got a cat and while we visiting and played cards I just knew deep down I wanted a fury friend too. So I looked into adopting and older cat from new by shelters. However this wasn't as easy as I thought,  I had certain criteria I wanted and whenever I found a possible adoption It never worked out. Three separate times it didn't work, I got completely discouraged and gave up looking.

Enter  spring 2017 and I began doing research on different cat breeds. Its an amazing gift to be able to adopt, however this wasn't my journey and so I decided on a breed and began my search. It took me a few months to find a breeder, then I had to wait until the litter of kittens were born.....waiting and more waiting! Once the kittens were born I had to wait 4 more weeks to see how they looked. I picked a wee little fur ball and waited for another 5 weeks to go by. At nine weeks and two days G and I drove to Edmonton to pickup our little Mellow.

Everyone meet Mellow, she is a purebred Scottish Fold cat. She is the cutest sweetest little thing.









No comments:

Post a Comment