Wednesday, November 23, 2016

JUST MY FEELING'S



This is a post I have been thinking about the last few months and meaning to write, please remember when reading this is only my opinion and you or whoever is entitled to their opinion and to disagree or agree with me.
PREGNANCY is beautiful.
PREGNANT WOMEN ARE BEAUTIFUL. ALL PREGNANCT WOMEN ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!
What I’ve noticed is that throughout a women’s pregnancy she often deals with comments, some are gracious and sweet and some make me shake my head in disbelief. I wonder was it always like this? Or is this something that has evolved overtime? Is no one aware other than me or even bothered by this?
If I was to see a pregnant women who was one month or on her due date I would say something like, “you look beautiful, you’re going to be a great mom”. What I’ve heard instead is: “wow you look large, you look bug, you look tired, you look done, you look puffy, you look exhausted, you look so uncomfortable, why is your bump so small, etc etc etc………
Some of the above statements may be the absolute truth but remember to choose your words wisely as they are often interpreted a different way, or can be.  When out with my sister who could have been a magazine model for pregnancy, she would get comments on when are you due? Oh wow I can tell, or I can tell your nine months as your face is very puffy, commenting on how large the bump was in relation to the baby’s weight. My sister is never phased for very long by these comments which is so admirable, however I am left wondering about them…..
Why do we as individuals feel it necessary to comment on pregnancy with such back handed comments. On a normal day walking downtown you wouldn’t comment and say to someone how big they look today or how puffy they may appear.
Think about how amazing a women’s body is and try to wrap your head around the whole concept of a growing embryo into a small human, five fingers, five toes and a cute button nose.  Pregnancy is not all sunshine and roses it can be extremely hard work and a women does not need to hear negatively disguised comments. Pregnancy is to be celebrated and not rated on a scale of how small your bump is or how large your bump is, it’s different for everyone and there is no right or wrong, the growth of your pregnancy is between you and your doctor not for someone to comment on.
I want the world to be a better, kinder place where comments come from pure love and good intentions. I want to hear comments like, you look beautiful pregnant, you carry pregnancy so well, you’ll be a great parent. These are comments are pregnant women would love to hear and should hear. They are dealing with enough growing a human inside pf them can’t we try to be a good human to them and say something kind.
These are just my observations, please note I am not speaking for all pregnant women and these are my personal feelings, my main point is as of today pregnancy is highly linked to your self-image and how you look during, when it should be about the person on the inside. We are all human, some even growing humans, when we speak, when we make comments let them come from love.



No comments:

Post a Comment